Here they are, waiting for their Otter Pops after the final lesson. Mike actaully has a tan now--you can see it whenever he's roaming the house in the buff--but Sam is still as white as ever. And roam the house in the buff he does. I find it an excellent potty training tool. One of his fetishes is answering the door when someone rings, and I'm trying to figure out the most politically correct way to say to a stranger, "I'm not a sicko, and my son does own underwear, but I've decided that it would be best for his social development for him to be naked this summer."
Here is Michael with his class. The idea is that one of them will be brave enough to jump off of the diving board. I think he wins the "Most Pansy-Chicken Swimmer" Award:
Here Michael is again, showing off his kicking, bubble-blowing, and disappearing skills:
Sam learned to jump off of the diving board without any help, and she's so proud of herself. See her jump:
Samantha is the intermediate beginner class. She has gotten very comfortable dunking her head under the water, and she holds her breath longer than anyone in her class. Unfortunately, she has no sense of direction in the water, is a bum-kicker, and often reflexively curls up into the fetal position when she is trying to swim. Here is an example of her unfortunate swimming:
It's those long legs of hers that allow her to kick her own bum ;-)
ReplyDelete